We all know the reasons why it’s important to thoroughly document, but incase you forgot, here they are:
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date information about patients at the point of care.
- Provide continuity of care across medical providers.
- Improve patient and provider interaction and communication.
- CYA in the event of litigation.
- Means of data collection to help with decisions on staffing, budgeting, inventory, facility needs, etc.
However, with limited budgets, a costly EMR system isn’t a priority for many secondary schools. Which leaves ATs to come up with and implement their own documentation strategy, e.g., writing on the back of a gauze pad.
Put that gauze pad away, we got you.
The Go4 app has the only HIPAA compliant, youth-sport focused Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
It’s built right into the app and it’s free to use.
- Document injuries from anywhere.
- Securely share a PDF of your evaluation with patients and their guardians to ensure continuity of care if physician follow up is needed.
- And C that A!
So, if you haven’t already, download the app. And if you have, click the EMR button and start documenting.
Need an athletic trainer? Go4 is a nationwide app/platform that connects teams and organizations with per diem athletic trainers for games, practices, camps, clinics and tournaments. Go4 is the preferred per diem platform of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association. Every sideline. Everywhere.