A Letter of Advice for New Grads from the Go4 Community
As your spring semester wraps up and graduation is upon you, take a moment to soak it all in.
We took some time to reflect and asked the Go4 community what advice they would give themselves as new grads ready to take on their first job.
Check out this letter of advice for new grads from the Go4 Community:
Dear New Grads,
– Trust your gut. If something feels off, it probably is.
– It’s okay to say, “No.” Take time off, be with your family. Balance is important.
– Trust yourself. Confidence will come with practice, but you know what you’re doing. And when you aren’t sure, it’s okay to ask for help.
– Practice active listening. So much of communication is unspoken.
– Find a mentor.
– Leave work at work as best you can.
– Start collecting data now.
– If you go to your supervisor with a problem, bring 3 possible solutions.
– Don’t be afraid to give 110% in everything you do, you will surprise yourself.
– You’re allowed to leave early or be off to support your child playing sports.
– Take the PTO.
– Make yourself indispensable.
– Provide care not coverage.
– You work WITH not FOR.
– Listen. Ask. Verify/Clarify. Seek.
And finally . . . Make time for self-care.
Best of luck and remember we are always here to support you!
xoxo, The Go4 Community
Need an athletic trainer? Go4 is a nationwide app/platform that connects teams and organizations with per diem athletic trainers for games, practices, camps, clinics and tournaments. For more information, or to find and hire an athletic trainer, visit go4.io