Documenting with Go4’s HIPAA Compliant EMR
By: Josh Beard, MA, ATC
I know, it’s not the best or most exciting part of the job. It’s a mundane task that often ends up waiting until the end of the day when things calm down–if that ever happens.
Mundane as it may be, we can all recognize the importance of thorough, and accurate, medical records.
In 2017, the NATA published Best Practice Guidelines for Documentation to help serve four primary purposes:
- It is an AT’s professional responsibility to comply with medical industry standards
- Proper documentation provides a complete, accurate, and timely record of of a patient’s medical history
- Accurate record keeping facilitates communication to help ensure a consistent level of care among and within multiple care-givers across various settings.
- May serve to minimize risk of malpractice for the AT
Maintaining accurate medical records can be a large enough challenge during an ATs full time job, but what about when you are working a per diem event and you do not have access to the comforts of your EMR?
Paper documentation is not secure/HIPAA compliant and where does that get stored and for how long?Go4 keeps thorough records and the EMR in the Go4 app can help you do just that.
Did you know that it covers all 7 benefits of electronic medical records outlined by the NATA?
- Provides accurate, up to date, and complete information about patients at the point of care
- Enables quick access to patient records for more coordinated and efficient care
- Securely share electronic information with patients/guardians for better continuity of care
- Helps providers more effectively diagnose patients, reduce medical errors and provide safer care
- Improve patient and provider interaction and communication, as well as health care convenience
- Helps promote legible, complete, and accurate documentation
- Enhances privacy and security of patient data
Are you still on the fence about the benefits of the Go4 EMR? Take a look at some of the things real, live Go4 users have to say about it!
“I really like that all options are listed on the EMR, and it also allows your documentation to be more detailed like including position and playing surface. It also breaks down creating a note in a way that is easy to understand in SOAP note format! It is super quick, and all you need is the patient’s name.”
“The EMR is really helpful and intuitive. Being able to email the athlete/guardian the note to bring to another medical provider is great!”
“I work strictly per diem work, so I needed an EMR I could use, for free to make sure I documented everything. Every shift I work, even if it’s not on Go4, I use it to cover my butt with patient encounters!”
Need an athletic trainer? Go4 is a nationwide app/platform that connects teams and organizations with per diem athletic trainers for games, practices, camps, clinics and tournaments. For more information, or to find and hire an athletic trainer, visit go4.io